Sunday, February 22, 2009

painstakingly amazing moments.

So I woke up yesterday and it looked beautiful outside. I could hear people playing outside in the neighborhood. The sun was out and brighter than ever. I love the sun, I love days like that. It made everything that I thought was missing and that I thought was wrong disappear.

I decided to go out for a jog. I wasn't sure how far I wanted to go or where I wanted to go, I just wanted to start going. I jogged up to the hilltop of Pullman and stood up there for a while looking out at all of Pullman and thinking... "Wow, I'm really not going to miss this place."

I kept jogging and at times walking and made it all the way to Adrian and Louis' place. There's a few things that I realized during that 3 mile jog:
1. Pullman is one of the stinkiest places ever.
2. I've missed walking every morning - I didn't realize how good it made me feel.
3. I should be doing this more often!
4. Getting a head start in the day made it one of the best days I've had in a while.

So after my jog Adrian, Stephen and myself actually hung out throughout the rest of the day... running errands and being productive. It was good. Really good.

I won't lie... I woke up this morning in PAIN!!! Lots of pain. I feel sore, very sore, but I'm trying to push myself farther - I pulled out my "wheel of death" and decided that I need to go through the pain and push myself further and not to give up just because it hurts a little.

So I'm hoping this isn't a one time thing. I'm hoping that I get off my ass more often. And I'm also hoping that I'll continue to push myself further in all matters of life, not just when it comes to fitness.

Pain shouldn't end all things. Pain should be used to channel the good and channel the bad. It should be used to clear your head and clear your mind - to look at things in another perspective and to re-evaluate the situation.

After last night when a few of us went to Dupus we started to look at the calendar. Time is truly passing by... soon enough I'll be out of here. There's really not much time left. But I'm still excited. But I'm trying to make the most of it all, planning things with people I haven't been around in a while. Making the most of every thirsty Thursday. Not being lame on Friday and Saturday. And being dedicated every single day of the week. Because really... REALLY... when will I get to do this again? When else will I be able to party the way I do in Pullman? With all these people that I've met and come across?

The answer? Never again. So it's about now. Because no matter what amazing plans we make for the future... moving to LA with friends, moving to wherever alone, moving forward in life... we never know what'll happen or what obstacles we might cross on the way, but what I know is that right now is a perfect time to create amazing moments.

No comments: