Monday, August 24, 2009

Expression.

I've had so much on my mind this weekend. I don't think I've ever been so full of emotions, thoughts, ideas, etc. It's strange though, as much as I felt like expressing that emotion through my own body - a tear on my face, a scream out of my mouth - it came out differently than it ever has before. I started to write - a lot, but even better, I started to draw. Really draw, not just doodle, but sketch and I came out with pieces that I love - that speak a lot to me. I'm not sure what anyone else would get from them, but to me - its emotional.

I suck at drawing faces - I can't capture that in my sketches - it's something that I've practiced and haven't yet achieved. But I discovered something - what do you see in a blank face? My own emotions were pulled into the blankness, but the emotion of someone else, someone happier, some feeling completely different than myself, I think their own emotions could easily be pulled. It makes it dynamic. It speaks to the person looking at it, differently than the next.




No comments: