Monday, December 22, 2008

Plans. Unplanned.

I've always hated the snow. I've never been a fan. And playing in it - I honestly don't find it too amazing, I think I end up enjoying the bond you make with your friends and the memories you create. It's not the same. It's not like it used to be - everyone all in the same neighborhood ready to throw snowballs at each other or build a snow speed bump or just run around and make snow angels.

The drive to Silverdale pretty much sucked because of the snow. Sean and Nicole kept me company though, I don't think I could've done that one by myself. The drive to Renton was pretty long as well, but it was with Janice so it didn't really matter. Now I feel stuck here with nothing to do. I've been back for break for an entire weekend, but I haven't seen anyone.

So plans are somewhat set for LA. I think it'll be an interesting road trip and I'm happy I'll have Nikki with me. I wonder if asking my parents to take the CRV would be bad? Maybe I'll start with my mom and see what happens. Haha, hey I'm getting older, but I do have a bad record with cars.

Once this snow passes I'm excited for the break to roll out. I'm excited to see Luu, Foss, Papa Dima, and Ori. It'll be a good gathering of everyone again. I miss all of them! And of course once I make it over to LA then I'll get to see my teammate Monte and Mr. Willy Dean. Not only that, but Nikki and I will be terrorizing Pullman style, haha. And Sean and hopefully Rick as well.

Christmas will be interesting. This is the first year that I haven't been too hyped for the holidays. I think it's because it didn't turn out at all how I expected it to be. I thought that I'd be holding a plane ticket already bound for LA during New Years. I thought it'd be working at Apple making a few extra bucks and spending time with some amazing people (yet of course, some not so amazing people too). I thought I'd be living in Renton being able to go out to see everyone. This whole economy thing is quite a bummer too - it makes it only depressing. Oh and something small, but this used to cheer me up last year - a Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks, but they replaced it with the Gingersnap Latte, which I don't find as gratifying.

Yet once this break is over I'll be starting my final semester at Washington State University. I'll be graduated in May and ready to start working. I've been looking around, I just hope something works out. I told Nikki to just move to California with me, it'd be amazing if she did. Amazing.

No comments: